Saturday, March 21, 2009

Scout is on the plane

I received word from quarantine yesterday that Scout had been clipped up ready for travel. She needs to be clipped as she had a very good winter coat and she will be coming to warm weather and sunshine here. They said she was very good for the clipping. She seems to me to be a very level headed intelligent mare. I cannot wait to work with her!

I bought a new ute the other day that can tow a float so I am considering driving down to Sydney to pick her up when she is released in 3 weeks time. It is the road transport that makes me more nervous for her than the plane really. I think I would feel better if I had control over how fast we drive and how many stops we make etc. It will be at least a 13 hour drive each way minimum.

I am still on the hunt for a decent block of land to buy before she is released from final quarantine in September. Everything in my price range is out west in dry country. I prefer this sort of country for horses anyway. They develop better hooves and avoid the problem of Queensland itch.