Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!


A belated happy new year to you all. This year promises to be a good one and things are moving full steam ahead here it seems.

I took Lacey and Scout for their first walk off the property together. Lacey loved every minute of it and was prancing ahead like a little deer. She is so pretty to watch move. My friends daughter was leading her and Lacey was incredible. With no pressure on the lead rope, she walked when Lani walked, she trotted when Lani jogged and she stopped when Lani stopped. This was only the about the fourth time she has had a halter on and she acted like she had been doing it for years. We took them down to the creek and let Lacey go. She investigated alot but stayed close by. Scout walked through the fast flowing creek completely unperturbed as I expected.

This year will be another exciting one as I plan to jet off to the USA in June to find the first Spanish Mustang stallion to bring out to Australia. I have a few lovely prospects to look at but as I have experienced in the past, these horses tend to choose you so I am excited to see what will come of it. I will be visiting many states including the Cayuse Ranch in Wyoming where it all started. It will be wonderful to see all the horses and to meet the people in the lovely Spanish Mustang community who have been so welcoming to me from the start.

I hope to also start Scouts qualification for endurance this year. We will probably only get 2 x 40kms done this season and then next season we will both finish our qualification rides so we are eligible for open competition. This is all dependent on Scout and if she seems interested to go this way. She enjoys our walks out and seems to want to know what is around the next corner. I rode her again in the round yard the other day and she was very good as expected.

I hope that each and everyone of my readers has a joyous 2010 filled with love and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment