Monday, January 3, 2011

2011

What a wonderful start to this new year.  I have Scout and Sienna at my friends place as the paddock became to waterlogged with the endless rain we are having.  Scout and I are exploring a new side to one another.  She is testing my commitment and is showing me that she really wants to work and discover new things.  I had an hour long ride at the beach with her over the weekend.  It was the first time I have allowed myself to trust her and finally move forward in our training.  I realised that I had lost a lot of confidence over the past few years, always doubting if I am doing the right thing by the horse and this in turn has made it difficult for them.  I made some big changes this weekend and Scout seemed to sense that.

I am really in awe of her and what power she has.  We walked in the shallow ocean, Scout insisting on going one way and me finally stepping up and giving her direction.  She has a large and powerful stride fitting for the noble horse that she is.  She was not content to walk with my dear friends and their horses instead powering forward with a determination I have never felt in a horse before.  She is an incredible mare that I feel I am only just starting to get to know.  What an honour it is to be able to share this time with such a strong, confident and powerful  being.

Neosho is doing very well in his training and is now being walked in the open paddock with longlines.  His confidence in people has grown and he is starting to show his curious and playful side Sus tells me.  He carries that same strength that I feel in Scout and I think the two of them will have a whole lot more to teach me and others about the majesty of this breed.

Grey Feather is craving human contact now which is wonderful to hear.  She will have a sonogram at the end of January to determine if she is in foal.  She is in very good hands with Donna and sounds content at the ranch.

Little Lacey is maturing so fast mentally moreso than physically right now.  Negotiations are underway for a possible new home for her.  Should it all go ahead, then I will be very sad to see her go however I could not ask for a better home for her.  I believe strongly that horses will choose their person if given the opportunity and Lacey clearly did this recently.  

I wish everyone all the very best for the year 2011.  It promises to be a very exciting one for me and the wonderful horses in my life.

Below is current video of Neosho in training with Sus at Freehorse Farm.


No comments:

Post a Comment