Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Update at Takoda Stud

Well it is over a year now since I have updated this blog.  I guess updating on Facebook became an easy and somewhat lazy way of keeping the news on the horses out there.  It certainly isn't the same as the thought process that goes into writing a blog so I hope to be committed enough to write here once a month. 

So much has happened in the last twelve months.  Neosho arrived to Takoda stud in July 2011.  He has quickly won my heart and I am still in awe of him every day.  He is a phenomenal stallion with a deep and knowing energy.  He is teaching me more about horses and myself each time I work with him.  He lives with my brumby mare and our Spanish Mustang mare Indian Scout.  Both mares are expecting foals in July.  They are all very content living in a family band and I am extremely excited to see these little ones when they finally arrive.  

 Neosho (Azor x Lonesome Prairie)

We also welcomed another new addition to Takoda stud in February 2012.  Cazador Del Trueno, a red dun overo colt with rare bloodlines, impeccable conformation, a huge heart and a playful nature is now very proudly standing at stud in Australia.  This colt is exceptional in every way.  He has lovely, free uphill movement, endless energy and a war horse spirit.  His heart and will are huge and I look forward to when he reaches an age for riding.  He is a joy to train and enjoys the interaction and stimulation of learning new things.  

 Cazador Del Trueno (Apache Thunder Horse x Crystalina)

Grey Feather has been bred to the beautiful Sulphur stallion  Mestenes Peublo.  This pairing is a dream come true for me and the resulting offspring will stay as foundation stock for Takoda stud.  Grey Feather will be coming to Australia later in 2012.  I eagerly await this beautiful mares arrival.

Scout is doing wonderfully and is a joy to be around as always.  We had a lot of wonderful times riding together however now she is in foal she is living the easy life again.  Both her and Sienna are inseparable these days and both mares seem so content and they seem to approve highly of Neo.

Sienna (left) Australian Brumby mare and Indian Scout (Steel Dust x Sha-ko-ka)

Beautiful Lacey (Scouts Honour) is growing fast and maturing into such a beautiful mare.  She is a real joy to work with these days and sees nothing as  a drama.  She will be put in foal to Cazador towards the end of the year.  She is currently living out West until she is old enough to breed to save her tormenting the boys to much!  

Well that is a very brief update on the past, busy 12 months.  I will endeavor to visit here much more often from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment