Friday, May 22, 2009

Honesty Brings Connection

I was listening to the teleseminar series from 'The Path of the Horse' in my car all this week. It is full of so much wonderful information that I am finding very helpful. We have had a huge amount of rain this week and the roads were flooded preventing me from getting out to Scout till late afternoon. I thought I might not make it out there at all with how severe the flooding was. Whilst I was doing all this driving, I was also listening to the CD and letting it all sink in. When I finally made it out to Scout she was eager to be fed as always. I fed her then turned my back to her and leant on the stable looking out to the mountains in the distance and enjoying the sound of the river rushing just down below her paddock.

I began to think about the things that I had heard on the CD. I looked inside myself at the feelings I was having regarding Scout and my need for connection with her. Rather than trying to change these feelings or trying to act on them at all I merely went into a space where I looked at them without judgement. I watched what was going on for me from a meditative space and in that moment Scout left the stable walked around to where I was leaning and turned to face me and watched me. She moved close and positioned me at her shoulder and turned to look at me again. I started rubbing her and we stayed this way for sometime. I think I am learning how best to be with her which as it turns out is equally comfortable for both of us.


1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, and very instructive. I think I will return to it again and again as a touchstone. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete