Sunday, September 5, 2010

USA Adventures - Part 5

I was extremely excited  to go and meet Leslie at Twin Hollows and to see Laceys beautiful sire - Renegade Shadow.  I bought Scout from Leslie in 2008 and we have stayed in touch nearly every week since then so it was very fun to finally meet face to face.  

I didn't think it possible, but Shadow is even more spectacular than I could have imagined.  I was so impressed with him in every way.  He has a very sweet temperament and there is no faulting his conformation.  I took my tools with me and gave him a hoof trim whilst I was there and he was such a good boy.  This stallion really is a rare find.  His second foal was born a few weeks before we arrived and this colt is all quality with a bold and people friendly nature.  
Below: Storm and Rose
 We spent some time with all the mares as well and they were all in beautiful condition and were eager for  attention, particularly Storm, a lovely blue/black sabino mare and Rose, a very sweet and pretty white appaloosa mare.  Rheta is a mare that I have admired for sometime and she was also spectacular to see.  She is certain to produce an incredible foal with Shadow in the near future.  She has a lovely soft and quiet way about her and is a beautiful, proud mare.

We decided to visit a couple more ranch's and Leslie kindly came with us to see Nancy at Free Spirit Spanish Mustangs in Wisconsin.  Nancy was a delight to meet and I was very pleased to see her lovely stallion American Yellow Fox.  What an impressive horse he is!  We then went on to Zen Cowboys to see Wes and Janes horses.  Hurrah, a smokey black 3 year old stallion was very eager for attention and he was kind and gentle and a wonderful mover.  His full sister Lucita is a lovely red dun mare that I would have loved to have bought home with me!  After we left Zen Cowboys, it was time to start the long journey back down to New Mexico to spend 10 days working with Grey Feather.

Our visit with Leslie seemed far to short and I hope to get back there one day soon.  If anyone is looking for a stallion quality Spanish Mustang colt, I would urge you to contact Twin Hollows regarding Ronya, the colt born this year.  Their website is http://www.twinhollows.com



The magnificent stallion - Renegade Shadow (Silver Shadow x Faith)

Ronya - Renegade Shadow x Little Dove

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any more pictures of storm? Shes beautiful

    ReplyDelete